Tips – Buying Accessible Luxury Brand Bags at Discounted Prices
My designer obsession has to be handbags. I spend hours browsing through different sites that sell designer handbags and drooling over them. I like their styles but I am not a fan of their prices. For the past two and half years, I tried to own at least one handbag per year from a luxury brand. When I select a brand, I normally spend months checking the information about the brand and how I can get a handbag at a reasonable price. I will –
(1) Check Brand review – what person are saying about their quality, styles, customer services etc
(2) Check Websites that sold their bags – especially for the authenticity. For example, if you are buying designer bags from Amazon, ensure you read reviews and ensure the handbags are sold directly from Amazon. I won’t advise buying from other sellers. It is your money, therefore, you want to ensure you get an authentic brand handbag.
(3)I will check for coupons, current and upcoming promotions etc that are offered by the websites that sold their handbags. Because I am always aiming to score a really good deal on my purchase.
(4) Check for different sales that are happening – During the end of the year, many designer bags will be on sale. Normally during that time, there are Christmas Sales, Black Friday, Cyber Monday, End of Years Sales, Boxing day sales, Free Shipping Day etc. Some of these sales tends to run until January in the new year. Also, in July a lot of sales are happening – Nordstrom Anniversary sales, Summer sales, Prime Day etc.
(5) Sign up on the brand website – brands normally has surprise deals that they offer to their email subscribers. Also, they notify you when they have sales. Often you are able to get huge discounts for the old stocks. As a Kate Spade email member, I was able to be part of their 70% surprise sales that tend to happen frequently and was able to purchase my first handbag from them.
(6) Check their previous season and classic handbags – even though the bags are couple years older, they still look trendy because their styles are very classy. Sometimes something might seem like it is not trending, but soon you may be surprised to see styles reappear back as a trend.
(7) Make use of Cash back services such as Ebates when shopping. You can be able to get back some money from your purchases.
(8) Check flash sales sites – some are HauteLook, Zulily, Beyond The Rack, Rue La La etc. These are websites that are offering limited-time flash sale events at discounted prices. Most carry labels such as Rebecca Minkoff, Kate Spade, Coach, Longchamp, Betsey Johnson, Tory Burch, Clavin Klein, Micheal Kors, Gucci etc that appeal to the fashion savvy shoppers who are seeking the perfect handbags at an affordable price.
They tend to have daily, weekly deals etc. The reason why it is flash sales is because these deals do not last for a long time; most times just for 24 hours or 36 hours. Also, they usually have low stock items which are sold out quickly. So by checking these sites, you might actually score a designer handbag at a slashed price.
However, in order to shop on these sites, you have to sign up as a member. The good thing about being a member is you receive notifications right through your mail about the deals that they are having. So there is no need to keep checking the website every day.
My ultimate goal is to ensure that I have no regrets about my purchase.
Thank you for reading. I hope my tips helped you to receive the best experiences in buying your designer bags.
I follow these tips and was able to score some great deals on my Designer Purchases. This includes my recent purchase – My First Rebecca Minkoff bag. My next post will be a review on that bag. Please subscribe to my blog if you want to know more about that 🙂 Thank you! 🙂 🙂